for a builder that claims that they pay attention to every detail, they must mean the detail on a dollar bill. Money is the ONLY thing that this builder pays attention to. Sure the owner loves you if you have a large checking account and are willing to dish out upgrades at a markup of between 40-400%!!
Example --- vaulted ceiling.. The carpenter told me flat out he got paid somewhere around $200 for this. I was charged $1800
Example --- I wanted wraught iron on my staircase - Stair guy from Right angle stairs (who was doing work at the time don't know if he still does) said he charges $10 per spindle. I was charged $40 per spindle!!!! then was told they could do it at "cost" for $30 a spindle.
Example --- wanted upgraded hardwood flooring.. Spoke with FCA and Great Western Flooring.. NOPE. you are FORCED to use Performers Flooring. This is where the real price gouging comes in. Its simple math and you are stuck. DJK will make a minimum of 35% to 50% on your flooring. and if you dare decide to stay with the standard?? you get a lovely choice of 5 tiles that I wouldn't put in section 8 housing. every flooring option was outrageous. I felt a little bit badly for the owner of the flooring place as he looks as though he doesn't want to price gouge however he still did it to me. His field workers had ZERO positive things to say about DJK and basically said they dread going to DJK jobsites. Just what every homeowner wants to hear
the examples can go on and on, but you get the point. If you are eager to spend $8500 for a front door that DJK buys for $2000 then DJK is your builder. Enjoy building a house you will NEVER resell. Look around. every single home DJK has built is appraised for hundreds of thousands less. I only wish people would have reviewed them so I wouldn't be one of his victims
This was my "nice" review as I modified it from the original. I would not hire DJK again even to come wash my windows as im sure there would be some hidden charge as is the case with them.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "There are several windows in our home that have accumulated mold that keeps coming back ever since it was built in 2003. We moved in December of 2003 and..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."